Monday 14 April 2014

Product Review - April Favourites

Happy Monday everyone!

Hope you all had a fab weekend!  I had a 3 day weekend and spent Friday in Hamilton at appointments, spent far too much money in between appointments but I have some awesome new products to show for it - so I thought I would give you a run down on what I have been loving lately.




Batiste Dry Hair Shampoo Tropical 150ml
Purchased from The Warehouse for $6.00
I have heard/read great things about this product so thought I would jump on the bandwagon and give it a go.   This product claims to refresh hair between washes leaving it feeling clean and fresh with added volume and texture and it certainly lived up to its promise.  I loved it - I wear my hair up almost every day and get very oily roots so between washes I distribute a small amount through the roots of my hair and work it into my hair with my fingers - worked flawlessly for me!

Pros - removes oil from hair (even when really greasy) - adds volume - freshens up hair with the unmistakable tropical scent of coconut.
Cons - Be careful not to spray to close to the roots of your hair as the spray is quite powerful and you will end up with a big white powdery mess in your hair! (learnt that the hard way!)
Repurchase - Yes, ticks all boxes and I will be repurchasing this as soon as my bottle is empty!

Garnier Youthful Radiance Caffeine Eye Roll on
Purchased from The Warehouse for $17.99
I purchased this product as I suffer from horrible bags under my eyes, they aren't hugely discoloured but they are there and no matter what I try I can't seem to get rid of them.  The product is a roll-on eye cream infused with caffeine that claims to reduce the appearance of dark circles and puffiness under the eyes, energising tired skin and relieving fatigued eyes.  I have been using this product for a week and apply directly after showering before I put anything on my skin - I let it dry and absorb while I get dressed.

Pros - The silver roll-on ball is always cool - it instantly makes my eyes feel awake and refreshed.  I have noticed a small difference in the firmness of the area under my eyes.  It has a pleasant scent and does not irritate my eyes.
Cons - None so far - I am loving this product!
Repurchase - Yes, I would like to try more products for the long term care of the skin around my eyes but think this product will always be a staple of mine due to the cooling effect and ease of application.

MAC Pro Longwear Concealer - NW20
Purchased from The MAC Counter - Farmers Centre Place Hamilton for $40.00
I have wanted to try this product for ever, I think I must buy at least 5 concealers a year and use them once or twice and then throw them away as they are rubbish.  As mentioned above I am one of those lucky people that suffers from bags under their eyes - I was looking for a concealer that didn't crease and that would stay put all day.  This product is a lightweight fluid concealer that provides medium to full coverage with a natural matte finish that lasts up to 15 hours. It claims to help  conceal and correct the look of under-eye circles, and discolorations.  This product is amazing, I am in love, it does everything it promises to and as my 10 year old daughter put it "your eyes look like they are a different persons, they don't look so tired"

Pros - Conceals, corrects, does not crease, is easy to apply and does not oxidise.
Cons - The pump is not ideal, it disperses far to much product for what is needed.  I pump one pump into a small container I received a sample in from MAC and use it from there.
Repurchase - Yes, one hundred times over!

MAC Amplified Creme Lipstick - Blankety
Purchased from The MAC Counter - Farmers Centre Place Hamilton for $40.00
I have to admit I am scared of lipsticks - I a big lip gloss wearer and have always thought that lipstick made me look like a drag queen! So I am starting off rather safely and have been on the hunt for that perfect nude that is a 'my lips but better' colour - I have tried several nudes which all appeared orange on my lips, and not a nice orange!!!  So I went to the MAC counter and found this little beauty!  The amplified formula is beautifully creamy and feels phenomenal on the lips!  I wear this buy itself or I pair it with a light pink lip gloss - I use Napoleon Perdis Lip Gloss in CafĂ© Au Lait.  Swatches below.

Pros - Creamy, good coverage, smells divine, perfect beige nude with a touch of pink.
Cons - Not that long lasting but I did not expect it to be.
Repurchase - Yes, but would love to try some different colours first.



Hurraw Lip Balm - Coconut
Purchased from The Cruelty Free Shop for $7.00
I am a sucker for lip balms and when this little package of awesomeness came to my attention I had to grab it!  I saw Shannon Harris from Shaaanxo using this in her videos and it looked like the sort of thing I would love so I brought three - one for me and two to put in my little box of goodies for giveaways.  Hurraw Lip Balm is all natural, vegan, and made from premium raw, organic and fair trade ingredients.

Pros - Super moisturising, and moisturises for longer than any other lip balm I have tried, smells amazing and the unique flattened tube fits perfectly into your back jean pocket!
Cons - None, zero, zilch.
Repurchase - Yes, I am looking forward to trying out some different flavours!

As always guys thanks for reading, I am really enjoying blogging and hope you are enjoying reading my posts - don't forget to check out thewhiteroomnz on Instagram.


No comments:

Post a Comment